American Parks Trail end Rapid City (Summer 2019)
About Rapid City
- UCross: Spend your morning doing as the locals do, exploring your surroundings by horseback with a gentle ride (waiver required) led by a Local Expert.
- Deadwood: Enjoy an audience with Lakota tribe members as they share a live narrative of the Great Sioux Nation.
- Deadwood: Historical Wild West figures such as Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane called Deadwood home. Learn about the Gold Rush and the town’s notable residents aboard Kevin Costner’s Original Deadwood Tour with a Local Expert.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Salt Lake City: Centrally located downtown, the Hilton Salt Lake City Center offers views of the Salt Lake Valley and mountain peaks.
- Grand Teton National Park: Stay right inside the National Park at the desirable Jackson Lake Lodge. One of the largest of all the eco-friendly resorts, with breathtaking views.
- Yellowstone National Park: Insight stays centrally located within the National Park. In these cases, the hotels are much more rustic and typical of the natural environment.
- UCross: Enjoy a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere during your stay at the Ranch at UCross with the natural scenic beauty of the surroundings.
- Spearfish: Deep in the heart of beautiful canyons you will find Spearfish Canyon Lodge. Built and decorated in the style of the old lodges of the West.
- Custer State Park: Insight stays centrally located within the State Park. In these cases, the hotels are much more rustic and typical of the natural environment.
Top Rated Highlights
- Sedona: Visit this Red Rock Country artists' colony, set in Sedona's majestic red rock landscape.
- Cameron: Stop at the historic Trading Post, established in the early 1900s as a place where Native American's traded wool and livestock.
- Glen Canyon: Visit the dam that stands 710 feet or 216 meters high, and provides water and power to western communities.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Enjoy the rugged beauty with a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the hoodoos.
- Grand Teton National Park: Take in panoramic views of the beautiful Jenny Lake, a glacial formation that dates back over 10,000 years.
- Yellowstone: See Upper Geyser Basin, which boasts the highest concentration of spouting geysers, hot springs and steaming fumaroles in the world.
- Cody: Explore the award-winning Buffalo Bill Center of the West, known for its excellent Western art collection and natural history.
- San Francisco: See the iconic cable cars, Union Square and Golden Gate Bridge.
- Black Hills: Witness the huge Crazy Horse Memorial and the famous Mount Rushmore National Memorial.
- Custer: Toast to the finale of your trip at your Celebration Dinner served at your lodge within Custer State Park.
- Sonoma: Browse the unique shops on the historic Sonoma Plaza.
- Yosemite National Park: Experience the park's natural beauty and wildlife. See the El Capitan and Half Dome rock formations.
- Carmel-by-the-Sea: Browse the art galleries and shops in this quaint beach city.
- San Joaquin Valley: Stop at a historic fruit stand where seasonal delights are grown, farmed, and sold.
- Scenic Drives: 17-Mile Drive past the Pebble Beach Golf Links.
- Los Angeles: Drive along Sunset Boulevard, see the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Grauman's Chinese Theatre.