Best of California (Summer 2019)
About Los Angeles
- Sonoma: Sample local wines at a private tasting at an eco-friendly vineyard.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B) and 4 Dinners with wine (DW).
- San Francisco: Revisit the 'Summer of Love' with a Local Expert and former hippie at Haight-Ashbury, the iconic district where the hippie counterculture evolved.
- Los Angeles: Join a Local Expert for a behind-the-scenes tour of a historic downtown theatre.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- San Francisco: Timeless yet modern, The Westin St. Francis on Union Square, San Francisco has a vibrant, directly located on Union Square, with cable cars stopping just outside the doors.
- Sonoma: The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa is surrounded by lush vineyards and dotted with natural hot springs.
- Yosemite National Park: Stay in the park and enjoy Yosemite after the crowds have left, just a short walk to Yosemite Falls.
- Monterey: Located on Cannery Row, Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa is the most dramatic waterfront hotel in California.
- Santa Barbara: Stay at the Double Tree Fess Parker in beautiful mission-style rooms, with views of the Pacific Ocean and the Santa Ynez Mountains.
- Los Angeles: Stay at JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE. situated in downtown L.A., within walking distance of the city's most noteworthy attractions.
Top Rated Highlights
- San Francisco: See the iconic cable cars, Union Square and Golden Gate Bridge.
- Sonoma: Browse the unique shops on the historic Sonoma Plaza.
- Yosemite National Park: Experience the park's natural beauty and wildlife. See the El Capitan and Half Dome rock formations.
- Carmel-by-the-Sea: Browse the art galleries and shops in this quaint beach city.
- San Joaquin Valley: Stop at a historic fruit stand where seasonal delights are grown, farmed, and sold.
- Scenic Drives: 17-Mile Drive past the Pebble Beach Golf Links.
- Santa Barbara: Visit Mission Santa Barbara, a historic Spanish mission founded by the Franciscan order in 1786.
- Los Angeles: Drive along Sunset Boulevard, see the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Grauman's Chinese Theatre.