Best of Morocco (Preview 2019)
Additional Included Highlights
- Casablanca: See the Hassan II Mosque and the Corniche. Rabat: See the Royal Palace and Hassan Tower. Meknes: Admire the Bab el-Mansour Gate on Place El-Hedim in the heart of the Medina. Erfoud: Stay on the edge of the Sahara Desert. Dades Valley: See the castellated mud houses and oases. Essaouira: Enjoy time at leisure to explore as you wish. Scenic Drives: Middle Atlas Mountains, Azrou, Ziz Gorges, Tinehir, Dades Valley, Road of a Thousand Kasbahs, Tizi n’Tichka Pass, African North-West Coast.
Authentic Regional Flavours
- Fes: Join in the fun at a colourful Moroccan feast, complete with rhythmic music, writhing belly dancers and an array of local dishes and delicacies.
- Dades Valley: Stop at a traditional Nomad house and meet the locals as you try Berber tea.
- Casablanca: You must remember this...a fabulous 4-course Celebration Dinner with drinks at Rick’s Café, made famous by the 1942 film.
- Dining Summary: 9 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 2 Lunches (L), 3 Dinners or Buffets (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee. Festive Highlight Dinners: 25 Dec New Year's Eve in Marrakesh & 27 Dec New Year's Eve in Ouarzazate, will replace included meals.
- Fes: Explore the Medina with your Local Expert. Walk through the bazaar and pass one of the world's oldest universities.
- Fes: Witness local artisans using long-standing techniques to create pottery and khobz, the traditional local bread and a staple to any Moroccan meal.
- Marrakesh: Your Local Expert leads you from bustling Jemaa el-Fnaa Square, through the Medina to Koutoubia Mosque, with its notable minaret.
Signature and Highlight Hotels
- Fes: The Palais Medina & Spa is set in a 5-hectare Andalusian garden, with the perfect alliance between tradition and modern luxury.
- Erfoud: Erfoud is known as the Door to the Desert. The Kasbah Hotel Xaluca is unique having been built with adobes, the traditional Moroccan building bricks, and it is a great place to relax and enjoy the moment.
- Ouarzazate: The recently renovated Le Berbère Palace offers 5-star luxury suites to all guests, along with fine food and a delightful swimming pool.
- Marrakesh: The luxurious Atlas Medina & Spa is set amidst lush, picturesque gardens in central Marrakesh, the perfect location for exploring this fascinating city.
- Essaouira: Located beachfront in Essaouira, the Atlas Essaouira & Spa features two swimming pools, a fitness centre and a spa with hammam.
Top Rated Highlights
- Casablanca: See the Hassan II Mosque and the Corniche.
- Rabat: See the Royal Palace and Hassan Tower.
- Rabat: Visit the Mohammed V Mausoleum, a masterpiece of traditional Moroccan art and one of the very few Islamic religious buildings open to non-Muslims.
- Meknes: Admire the Bab el-Mansour Gate on Place El-Hedim in the heart of the Medina.
- Todra Gorge: Explore this fascinating ravine caused by a fault that has split the orange-coloured limestone as deep as 300 meters.
- Dades Valey: See the castellated mud houses and oases.
- Aït Benhaddou: The Ksar is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the finest examples of South Moroccan architecture. See the crowded houses within the defensive walls that are reinforced by the corner towers and explore one of Morocco's finest kasbahs.
- Marrakesh: Built around a lovely inner garden, explore the Bahia Palace and see glimpses of a Moroccan kingdom’s former opulence.
- Scenic Drives: Travelling Morocco is all about the senses. Take in the ever changing scenery of the Middle Atlas Mountains, Azrou, the Ziz Gorges, Tinehir and the Dades Valley. Travel along the Road of a Thousand Kasbahs, Tizi n’Tichka Pass and the African North-West Coast.