Israel Discovery (Summer 2019)
About Tel Aviv
- Tel Aviv: Enjoy a Welcome Drink and mingle with your fellow travel companions to begin your journey.
- Tel Aviv: Participate in a Friday night Shabbat dinner
- Isfiya: Feast on local specialities in a private Druze home and hear about life in the village from one of its residents.
- Jerusalem: Toast the culmination of your travels with a lively Celebration Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 7 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 2 Dinners (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee.
Stay in Style
- Tel Aviv: The Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel is considered one of Tel Aviv’s more sophisticated hotels, located on the waterfront and providing guests with luxury accommodation.
- Tiberias: The Leonardo Plaza Tiberias Hotel is centrally located close to the Old Town and offers beautifully decorated rooms.
- Dead Sea: The magnificent Hod Hamidbar Resort and Spa Hotel on the shore of the Dead Sea, offers you serenity, relaxation and the perfect pampering experience in its modern spa.
- Jerusalem: The Leonardo Plaza Hotel Jerusalem is located in the heart of the city and offers panoramic views of the Jerusalem skyline. It has many top facilities and is a good base from which to explore the Old and New Cities.
Top Rated Highlights
- Tel Aviv: Explore with your Local Expert and see the Habimah National Theatre, Rabin Square and browse around the Carmel Market.
- Jaffa: Visit the ancient port and artists' quarter and see the famous clock tower and old harbour.
- Caesarea: With your Local Expert, explore the Roman and Crusader ruins of Caesarea, formerly one of the splendid cities in Palestine.
- Nazareth: Visit the Church of the Annunciation built on the site where the angel Gabriel is said to have appeared to Mary.
- Capernaum: Visit the Synagogue where Jesus taught and the Mount of Beatitudes, where he preached the Sermon on the Mount
- Dead Sea: Alongside your Local Expert, ascend to the ancient fortress of Masada by cable car where Jewish Zealots held out for three years against Herod’s armies, before sacrificing themselves.
- Dead Sea: Be sure to take a dip in the famously mineral-rich waters where it's easy to float.
- Sea of Galilee: Enjoy a morning boat ride at the very place where Jesus is said to have walked on water.
- Sea of Galilee: Your Local Expert will give a brief talk on the history and contemporary life on a Kibbutz.
- Jerusalem: Visit the Garden of Gethsemene and see the Temple Mount, Room of the Last Supper, the Pool of Bethesda and Ecce Homo Arch.
- Jerusalem: Visit the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum.
- Jerusalem: At the Israel Museum, wander to the Shrine of the Book wing housing the Dead Sea Scrolls.
- Jerusalem: Accompanied by your Local Expert, walk the Stations of the Cross to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre - site of the Crucifixion.