Italian Intermezzo (Winter 2018-19)
Additional Included Highlights
- Venice: Cruise to St. Mark’s Square by private launch. See St. Mark’s Basilica, the bell tower, clock tower, Doge's Palace and Bridge of Sighs.
- Rome: See the mighty Colosseum and Roman Forum as well as other medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered through the city.
Top Rated Highlights
- Verona: During your orientation, walk past the well preserved Roman Arena to Juliet's balcony in the courtyard of a Renaissance villa.
- Venice: To the tune of accompanying musicians, you are serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
- Florence: During your guided walk see the cathedral, bell tower and Gates of Paradise on the baptistery. Visit the political heart of the city, Piazza della Signoria. See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods. Witness a leather-work demonstration.
- Pisa: See the cathedral, baptistery and gravity-defying Leaning Tower.
- Assisi: A Local Expert will explain why the Basilica of St. Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of medieval Europe.
- Christmas Markets: Be dazzled by the magic of Christmas, with local handicrafts and delicious, seasonally-festive treats. Explore on select departures.