Country Roads of Umbria and Tuscany (Preview 2018)
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Perugia: Join a local expert to navigate the underground labyrinth of little streets, alleys and arches. Promenade the wide Corso Vannucci, resplendent in pale-pink stone, past the princely Priors' Palace, Cathedral and finely sculptured Great Fountain in the main square.
- Todi: Explore the medieval streets and squares of this hill-top town.
- Siena: Walk through narrow cobbled streets to Campo Square.
- San Gimignano: Explore the many-towered medieval town.
- Florence: Enjoy panoramic views over the city from Piazza Michelangelo. See the Cathedral, Gates of Paradise, belltower and open-air gallery of Signoria Square.
- Chianti Classico Region: Drive along the scenic Chiantigiana highway and stop in the old towns of Greve in Chianti and Panzano in Chianti
- Venice: Cruise to St. Mark's Square by private launch. See St. Mark's Basilica, bell tower, clock tower, Doges' Palace and Bridge of Sighs. Witness hand made Venetian glass-blowing.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Orvieto: Meet ‘Etruscan chef' Lorenzo Polegri, who shares with you his virtuoso cooking skills, followed by a memorable lunch.
- Perugia: You are offered a selection of restaurants on your Dine-Around evening. Choose your own ambience, cuisine and drinks for an intimate culinary experience.
- Mt Subasio: Follow the evolution of the olive, from tree to table, with a tasting at a family-run olive mill.
- San Gimignano: Meet world champion gelato maestro, Sergio Dondoli, and sample silky frozen treats in a range of mind-boggling flavours.
- Tuscany: With an expert vintner, savour the superb wines and enjoy a detailed explanation about the winemaking processes.
- Venice: Your Celebration Dinner is in the heart of historic Venice.
- 8 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Highlight Lunch (HL), 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 1 Dine-Around (DA), 1 three-course table d’hôte Dinner (DW) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee.
- Rome: Gain VIP fast-track entrance into the Vatican Museums and enjoy a special private viewing of the Bramante Stairs before being confronted by the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel.
- Perugia: Visit a workshop to learn about the art of hand-weaving textiles.
- Assisi: A Local Expert will explain why the Basilica of St. Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of medieval Europe.
- Venice: To the tune of accompanying musicians, you will be serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola, past water-lapped doorways and Rococo palaces.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Perugia: Located in central Perugia, the elegant Sangallo Palace Hotel is the perfect base from which to explore the surrounding areas. The hotel offers fantastic facilities and features modern rooms with wonderful views over the town.
- San Gimignano: The Villa San Paolo Hotel is a charming resort situated in one of the most beautiful locations.