The Eastern Discovery (Preview 2018)
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Vienna: Tour the ring road past the Imperial Palace, Parliament and Opera House
- Maribor: Appreciate the mix of old and new architecture.
- Zagreb: See Roosevelt Square and Ban Josip Jelacic Square. Tour the Upper Town to view the Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St Marks Church and the Pope's Tower.
- Trogir: See the Cipiko Palace and Romanesque Cathedral.
- Split: See St. Duje's, the baptistery and the Golden Gate on your guided sightseeing through the labyrinthine streets.
- Dubrovnik: See Onofrio's Fountain, Rector's Palace and the city walls. Admire the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries.
- Kotor: Visit the old town situated on its fjord.
- Tirana: Enjoy guided sightseeing.
- Corfu: See Corfu's old town.
- Delphi: Ascend the Sacred Way of Delphi with a Local Expert
- Athens: Visit the Parthenon with a Local Expert
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Dubrovnik: Inside the mighty defensive walls of the old town, you will be offered a varied selection of charming restaurants on your Dine-Around evening.
- Athens: Toast the culmination of your tour with a lively Celebration Dinner in true Greek style.
- 11 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 2 Dinners (D); 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 2 three-course table d'hôte Dinner (DW), 1 Dine-Around (DA) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee.
- Vienna: Let the sheer opulence of Schönbrunn Palace indulge your senses! Stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a six-year-old prodigy.
- Plitvice National Park: Marvel at the water wonderland with a guided walk along stunning cascades, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- Split: Join a Local Expert to explore above and below ground within the walls of the Roman Emperor Diocletian's palace - now the heart of modern day Split.
- Delphi: Ascend the Sacred Way, once lined with offertory temples. See the reconstructed Athenian Treasury and pass the superb Polygonal Wall to reach the Temple of Apollo, where the people would seek divine wisdom from the mysterious Oracle.
- Athens: Ascend the ‘Sacred Rock', the Acropolis, to admire the Parthenon built in 5th century BC as well as the smaller Temple of Athena Nike and ‘Porch of the Maidens'.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Vienna: Set in the heart of Vienna and featuring contemporary decor, the award-winning Hilton Vienna hotel is one of Austria's premier hotels.
- Split: The Hotel President Solin is a modern hotel, conveniently located just a few minutes from ancient city of Split and the famous Diocletian's Palace.
You will visit the following 4 places:
Croatia is an Eastern European country with a long coastline on the Adriatic Sea. Ranking the 18th most popular tourist destination in the world, Croatia is blessed with a wealth of natural riches, boasting almost 2000km of rocky, indented shore and more than a thousand islands, many blanketed in luxuriant vegetation. Even during the heavily visited months of July and August there are still enough off-the-beaten-track islands, quiet coves and stone-built fishing villages to make you feel as if you’re visiting Europe at its most unspoiled.
Albania, officially known as the Republic of Albania, is a country in South Eastern Europe. It is bordered by Montenegro to the northwest, Kosovo to the northeast, the Republic of Macedonia to the east and Greece to the south and southeast. It has a coast on the Adriatic Sea to the west, and on the Ionian Sea to the southwest. It is less than 45 miles from Italy, across the Strait of Otranto which links the Adriatic Sea to the Ionian Sea. Albania is a member of the United Nations, NATO, the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, Council of Europe, World Trade Organisation, Organisation of the Islamic Conference and one of the founding members of the Union for the Mediterranean.
Austria is a German-speaking federal republic and a landlocked country of over 8.66 million people in Central Europe. It is characterized by its mountain villages, baroque city architecture, Imperial history and rugged alpine terrain. Vienna, its Danube River capital, is home to the Schonbrunn and Hofburg palaces, and has counted Mozart, Strauss and Sigmund Freud among its residents. The country’s other notable regions include the northern Bohemian Forest, Lake Traun and eastern hillside vineyards.
Greece, also known since ancient times as Hellas, is a country located in southeastern Europe. The country has one of the longest histories of any country, and is considered the cradle of Western civilization, having been the birthplace of democracy, Western philosophy, the Olympic Games, Western literature, historiography, political science, major scientific and mathematical principles, and Western drama, including both tragedy and comedy. Athens, its busy capital, retains ancient landmarks including the 5th-century-B.C.E. Acropolis citadel and Parthenon temple. Greece is also known for its beaches, from the black sands of Santorini to the party resorts of Mykonos. Furthermore it's a geographically appealing place to visit, with a mountainous mainland and idyllic island beaches!