Highlights of Spain (Winter 2017-18)
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Barcelona: Enjoy a walking tour with a Local Expert through the old lanes and squares of the Gothic Quarter. Drive down the elegant Passeig de Gràcia to witness some of the finest modernist architecture.
- Valencia: See the ultra-modern Centre of Arts and Sciences and the huge City Gates of Serranos and Quart.
- Seville: Visit the beautiful Plaza de España in Seville's Maria Luisa Park. Enjoy a walking tour of the Santa Cruz Quarter with its pretty squares and flower-decked balconies. Emerge by the walls of the Alcazar.
- Cordoba: Spend some time in the old Jewish Quarter.
- Madrid: Your guided tour shows you the statue of Don Quixote in the Plaza de España, Royal Palace, Gran Via, Cibeles Fountain, Parliament and Puerta del Sol.
- Scenic drives: Cross the Sierra Nevada, Plains of La Mancha.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Autumn: Savour the smooth taste of the freshly pressed olive oil.
- Winter: Sample fresh Valencia oranges of the season, artfully made into a delicious dessert.
- Spring: Enjoy an exquisite exploration of the local wines, their robust flavours and absorbing history.
- Valencia: Learn the authentic recipe of paella in a fun cookery demonstration. Savour the flavours of this classic dish for dinner, washed down with a glass of Sangria.
- Seville: Over dinner with wine, the stage will suddenly erupt with the unmistakable singing, clapping and throbbing guitars of flamenco.
- Madrid: Honest culinary traditions and a fiesta of fresh ingredients are the hallmarks of your end-of-tour Spanish Celebration Dinner. The perfect accompaniment to good conversation and a chilled glass of beer or wine.
- Included Quality Dining: 8 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 2 Signature Evenings (SE), 1 Three-course table d'hôte Dinner (DW) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee. Departures on tour for Christmas and New Year's Eve will enjoy festive Highlight Dinners which will replace an included meal.
- Barcelona: A Local Expert will take you inside Gaudi's extraordinary masterpiece, the Sagrada Família Basilica.
- Granada: Visit the Alhambra Palace with a Local Expert - an arabesque fantasy in stone, complemented by the gardens of the Generalife.
- Seville: With a Local Expert, step inside the impressive cathedral, past the altarpiece dripping with gold, to the Tomb of Columbus, held aloft by four kings.
- Cordoba: Explore the Mezquita with your Local Expert and see its forest of horseshoe arches. This fascinating building symbolises many of Cordoba's religious changes over the centuries.
- Madrid: Study the world’s finest collection of Spanish paintings, plus an impressive international collection, as you tour the Prado Museum with an expert art historian.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Barcelona: The Melia Barcelona Sarrià is a luxurious hotel located in the heart of the city, a stone's throw away from Barcelona's key attractions.
- Valencia: The Barceló Valencia is situated in the most modern and attractive area of the city. Opposite the Queen Sofia Palace of the Arts, this is the centre of the ‘City of Arts and Sciences'.
- Granada: The stylish Melia Granada is located in the vibrant heart of the city centre, walking distance from the cathedral and near the trendy shops.
- Seville: The spacious Melia Sevilla guarantees an unforgettable stay, with first-rate service and comfort, right in the heart of the city.
- Madrid: The Hotel Miguel Angel by BlueBay is an upscale property resting in one of the most elegant residential areas in the city, close to many key attractions. Get the celebrity treatment with world-class service!