You Navigate. We'll Steer. Avalon Waterways Unveils "Your Way" CruisingPosted on 03/11/2019
In 2020, Avalon Waterways is inviting travelers to chart their own course, at their own pace, before or after their cruise with its NEW YourWay program. Utilizing sister companies – Monograms and Globus – Avalon Waterways is making it easier for cruisers to customize their European river cruise vacation, from start to finish.
In 2020, using Avalon’s YourWay options, travelers can book their cruise and then add-on …
1) An Avalon Waterways land extension featuring expert, guided sightseeing;
2) A Monograms independent vacation package that comes with hand-picked hotel accommodations, city sightseeing and the on-site services of a Local Host;
3) A Globus escorted touring vacation with included sightseeing, hotel accommodations, transportation and coach driver, Tour Director, and certified Local Guides.
“With our new YourWay program, we’re making it easier for travelers to extend their river cruise vacation with land itineraries that are perfectly suited to their preferences and budget,” said Pam Hoffee, managing director of Avalon Waterways. “No matter which YourWay extension our guests choose, we will take care of details like ship-to-hotel transportation, hotel accommodations, and sightseeing in the world’s most fascinating cities – from Paris to Prague and Budapest to Berlin.”
In addition, with its exclusive onboard Avalon Choice® on each and every river cruise itinerary, travelers have their pick of the widest array of included excursions, from classic sightseeing to immersive discoveries and active adventures.
1) CLASSIC. A local expert guides travelers through the history and heritage of local destinations to marvel at legends, lore and architecture of iconic and historic sites.
2) DISCOVERY. Travelers are invited to engage in inspiring and interactive activities designed to cater to their interests – from cooking classes to painting workshops – Discovery excursions help travelers immerse themselves in culture.
3) ACTIVE. Avalon guests can embark on energetic excursions – from a guided jogging tour of Amsterdam to biking, paddling and hiking their way through each destination – keeping travelers in motion and on the go.
And, the company’s AvalonGo App helps travelers independently explore destinations with a detailed, daily schedule of their itinerary, list of nearby attractions, maps, directions as well as local cafés, restaurants, bars and entertainment options.
“With the flexibility to choose exactly where to go before and after a cruising vacation, and the freedom of Avalon Choice onboard each and every cruise, Avalon Waterways is helping travelers see the world the way they’ve always envisioned,” said Hoffee